not interested in politics that don’t incorporate love
not interested in the anaesthetisation of politics
not interested in theory sans emotion
let’s use our feelings to talk about power
let’s use our feelings to fuck up power
what the fuck are you waiting for
learn how to cry again
learn how to scream again
pour yourself into things
bleed onto things
fuck shit up
let’s get visceral
don’t let dead men with books hold your heart hostage
if what makes you angry is marginalized people calling out oppression
and not the oppression itself
your priorities couldn’t be any clearer
one time a boy tried to pull my hijab off
i punched him in the face
closed fist, short swing, right in the jaw
there is a point where you stop trying to educate people and start making the consequences of their racist bullshit real fuckin clear.
you can say “you don’t fight hate with hate” all you want but my life has gotten at least 2000X better since I became an angry little fucker
If you are part of a privileged group and have to constantly demand that somebody in an oppressed group say “not all (insert privileged group here) are like that”
what you are really demanding is that they reassure you that you’re not like that and you’re not being held accountable
which is a cowardly thing to do and also shows the great lengths you will go to in order to avoid examining your role in a toxic system
|—||A cis white gay man on how POC, women, and GSM should deal with oppression. (via thegoodlife)|
Hello there, friend, I’m here to explain the issues with Bioshock infinite!
- racial oppression is a huge part of the game, but is still considered secondary, and used mainly to further the white cis-male main character’s personality development.
- It fails utterly as a social commentary because the issues of why the racial apartheid in columbia is wrong is never addressed.
- It’s all basically white tears about how “fighting violence with violence is bad” coming from white people about why there shouldn’t ever be any kind of violent uprising, regardless of what kind of violence is used to actually oppress PoC in the context of the game.
- Daisy Fitzroy, is a black WoC who we’re apparently supposed to think is “equally as bad” as Comstock, the leader of this racist ass society, (Regardless of the fact that white people had been stepping all over, and murdering the PoC in columbia) because she leads a violent uprising against the white bourgeoisie.
- You have to watch PoC be harmed and murdered in order to demonstrate fucking game mechanics.
- Later in the game, you are forced to kill literally hundreds of PoC because they belong to the Vox Popli, which is Daisy’s revolutionary army.
- Again it’s legit just white tears about why violence is bad, but no commentary on why them perpetuating centuries long violence against PoC was bad. It’s like “waaaaanh this is what will happen if u choose ~violence~ white genocide and oppression” and it just shows a total lack of understanding of oppressor vs. oppressed dynamics
I hope this was succinct and made sense XD
lightspeedsound: aaaand thank you to knittedlampshade for providing this succinct summary of all issues!
And of course… the message that violence is wrong in a game where you spend the whole game shooting and chopping people into bits for one white woman’s freedom.
one of the things that bothers me most about tumblr is the assumption that “well i’m tired of responding to x thing in x way, everyone else should see how wrong it is and how stupid they are for continuing to respond to it that way”
ok yr tired of doing shit a certain way, great
but don’t fucking sit there and talk about toxic behavior when you’re readily contributing to it with this bullshit like can u not
seriouslyyyyyy like good for you, you’re *~above~* the peons who have the nerve to do what they want with their own lives
Reasons I left the empath community because of the whiteness and stepped back from tarot users and mentors with these attitudes because its hurtful to me. We can do many of these things at once, come on now.
More reasons why we non-Abrahamic PoC don’t fuck with non-Abrahamic White folks much.
neutrality and denial always aids the oppressor. always.