justin macdowell is a rapist. originally from brimfield, massachusetts he now resides around boston and sometimes returns to western massachusetts (specifically the northampton area). i can’t access his facebook for links or pictures because i have blocked him since he had the fucking nerve to try and continue contact with me. i know i am not the only girl he pulled shit like this with; he is known as a piece of shit, a traitor, and a total skeez. he was in this band jehuty a few years ago and a band named second half of the season after that. i don’t know if he is currently active in the music scene himself. he is about 5’8”, has a lazy eye, wears glasses, has big lips, brown hair and a douchey beard.
this dude IS a piece of shit. he was also my first boyfriend…..
every time i think the list of dudes i dated is bad it gets worse.
I looked him up on Facebook and I believe this fits the description.
yup that’s him.
TW: rape/sexual assault
Hey, DC/MD/VA people! Do not book or support Amateur Thieves. Their vocalist/bassist Rick White is a rapist. Do not let this man come to your venues, consume alcohol, be around the people who support your venue, or support his band.
1st picture is from the band’s FB. 2nd picture is the current Facebook photo of the perpetrator. Here is the original post with a thorough account of what Rick White did, including the fact that he admitted to committing rape. See this updated post for more stories from other locals who have received unsolicited and unwanted advances and pictures of his penis. Including his picture in this post because this man frequents many RVA bars and shows and people NEED TO KNOW who he is.
Tumblr people! Reblog this and it will show up on Google searches. People NEED to know about the bands they’re potentially touring with, booking, or thinking about going to see play. Make sure that anyone considering booking or seeing Amateur Thieves know that they are supporting a rapist.
Do not support Amateur Thieves. Do not support rapists or reinforce rape apologist culture.
midatlantic babies take note :(
also his fucking hat
Ugh another one in my area
gross. signal boosting.
Editor’s note: Danielle McGuire is the author of “At the Dark End of the Street: Black Women, Rape and Resistance-a New History of the Civil Rights Movement from Rosa Parks to the Rise of Black Power.” She is an Assistant Professor in the History Department at Wayne State University, and a Distinguished Lecturer for the Organization of American Historians. She lives with her husband and two children in metro Detroit.
By Danielle McGuire, Special to CNN
(CNN) - In 2011, Rosa Parks was in the news, six years after her death. An excerpt from a breathtaking essay she wrote in the 1950s about a “near rape” by a white man in Alabama was released to the public. The handwritten narrative detailed Parks’ steely resistance to a white man, “Mr. Charlie,” who attempted to assault her in 1931 while she was working as a domestic for a white family.
It was late evening when “Mr. Charlie” pushed his way into the house and tried to have sex with her. Having grown up in the segregated South, she knew all too well the special vulnerabilities black women faced. She recalled, for example, how her great-grandmother, a slave, had been “mistreated and abused” by her white master.
Despite her fear, she refused to let the same thing happen to her. “I knew that no matter what happened,” she wrote, “I would never yield to this white man’s bestiality.” “I was ready to die,” she said, “but give my consent, never. Never, never.” Parks was absolutely defiant: “If he wanted to kill me and rape a dead body,” she said, “he was welcome, but he would have to kill me first.”
Does that sound like the Rosa Parks we know?
Some of the guardians of Parks’ legacy have said it is not, and insist the essay was fiction. But by dismissing the writings as fiction, it retains the popular image of Rosa Parks as a simple seamstress whose singular and spontaneous act launched the civil rights movement that brought down the walls of segregation.
This popular presentation of Parks as a quiet but courageous woman, whose humble righteousness shamed America into doing what was right has become a mythic fable present in nearly every high school history textbook, museum exhibit, and memorial.
She has been imprisoned by this tale, frozen in time as a silent and saintly icon whose only real action was to stay seated so that, in the words of her many eulogists, “we could all stand up.”
This overly simplistic story makes it impossible to imagine her essay about Mr. Charlie as anything but fiction.
But what if we knew more about the real Rosa Parks—a militant race woman and sharp detective whose career as a human rights activist spanned seven decades?
It’s time to free Rosa Parks from the bus.
Rosa Parks had a history of being defiant, and her fierce response to Mr. Charlie in the essay echoes her lifelong history of resistance to white supremacy. She learned about racial pride and self-defense at her grandfather’s knee in the 1910s.
Sylvester Edwards was a fan of the Jamaican-born black nationalist, Marcus Garvey, and delighted young Rosa with stories of Garvey’s greatness. She was especially proud of her grandfather’s willingness to defend himself and his family from the daily terror of the Ku Klux Klan in Pine Level, Alabama.
“Whatever happened,” she said, “I wanted to see it … I wanted to see him shoot that gun. I wasn’t going to be caught asleep.” This spirit of defense and defiance, she said later, “had been passed down almost in our genes’ that a proud African-American can not accept “bad treatment from anybody.”
In the 1930s, Rosa Parks joined her husband Raymond and others in secret meetings to defend the Scottsboro boys—nine young African-American men accused of raping two white women in Alabama in 1931. In the 1940s, they hosted Voter League meetings, where they encouraged neighbors to register even though it was a dangerous task. In 1943, she joined the Montgomery NAACP and was elected branch secretary. The job required Parks to investigate and document acts of racist and sexist brutality.
It was in this context, in 1944, that Rosa Parks investigated the brutal gang-rape of Recy Taylor, a black woman from Abbeville, Alabama.
Parks took Taylor’s testimony back to Montgomery, where she and other activists organized the “Committee for Equal Justice for Mrs. Recy Taylor.” They launched what the Chicago Defender called the “strongest campaign for equal justice to be seen in a decade.” In 1948, she gave a fiery speech at the state NAACP convention criticizing President Harry Truman’s civil rights initiatives. “No one should feel proud,” she said, “when Negroes every day are being molested.”
Foot fatigue played no role when she refused to relinquish her seat on December 1, 1955. “There had to be a stopping place,” she said, “and this seemed to be the place for me to stop being pushed around. I had decided that I would have to know once and for all what rights I had as a human being and a citizen, even in Montgomery, Alabama.”
Constant death threats forced her to leave Alabama in 1957. When she arrived in Detroit she continued working as an activist. Throughout the late 1960s and early 1970s, she worked to secure “Black Power,” fought for open housing and against police brutality, railed against the war in Vietnam, and campaigned for George McGovern. She was an ardent fan of Malcolm X and Robert F. Williams, a militant NAACP leader from North Carolina who advocated “armed self-reliance.” She admired Williams so much that she delivered the eulogy at his funeral in 1996.
Given Parks’ history, her defiance of “Mr. Charlie” in 1931 makes perfect sense and fits within a larger context of resistance to the inhumanity of racism and sexism. Instead of a tired seamstress who tiptoed into history, Rosa Parks was a woman who marched proudly with strength, conviction, and purpose.
It is this Rosa Parks that we ought to celebrate and honor. Her history as an active citizen engaged in the most pressing issues of her time - especially racial and sexual violence –can teach us how to do the same in ours.
[gonna add a TRIGGER WARNING for sexual harassment, coercion, violence, child molestation]
I worked at American Apparel for two years. During the time that I worked there, the company implemented a company-wide recruitment policy where any person applying for a position must be photographed (1 headshot, 1 body shot) The actual resumes were thrown in the garbage. These photos were then sent to a company email address where someone would either give a thumbs up or down to the photographs. Staff were encouraged to recruit instore and on the street and were given a $100 bonus for every person they got approved.
Before this was implemented, all existing staff were photographed (again, 1 headshot and 1 body shot) Anyone deemed to be physically unworthy was let go from the company. Of course this wasn’t legal, however right before they started this process every employee had to sign a waiver form, that was pretty much a lot of legal gibberish, on the spot. I wanted to have a lawyer take a look at the form however I was told I had to sign it on the spot or I would be let go.
There was also a company intranet website which all employees where to check on a regular basis. This was Dov’s main line of communication to all staff. The site would have pictures of girls from the stores where he would rip them apart for having too thin eyebrows, for having “ugly make-up” or bad tattoos and piercings. They were basically publicly shamed for not looking the way he wanted to. He would also post memos saying things like “HIRE MORE ASIANS”
Most of the girls that I worked with were super young, I was the oldest in the store at 20. We even secretly employed one girl’s little sister who was only 13. A lot of the time when the guys from head office would come in they would take pictures of the girls in the store. Some of the girls wanted extra attention so they would pose pretty raunchy for them, mostly they just side boob and stuff but sometimes it got kind of weird. Also, every city with an American Apparel also has a company hotel room. Personally, I never went with them, but when the head office guys came to town they would take a few girls from the store with them for the night. I heard stories about tons of weird crap going on those nights and I know for a fact many of those girls were under 18.
I worked at AA for a year and I can verify all of this. I was a merchandiser that was let go for not being up to physical standards (but the official reason was time and attendance, when I was pulling 12 hour days 4 times a week). They had an “auditor” from corporate come into town to “audit.” She had an hour long meeting with us telling us that we needed to dress sexier and wear more heels and tights (but if we had a run in our tights we could be fired/written up). Since I was a merchandiser, there was no way I was going to be wearing heels on 12-foot ladders, lugging around mannequins all day. They told me to dye my hair and get rid of my piercings, I said no, they let go of me a few days before Christmas.
AMERICAN APPAREL IS SO FUCKING GROSS AND NO ONE EVER SEEMS TO BELIEVE ME eeeeeeeeeeeeu
When you’re responding to actions that are aggressive
And are told to be nice for the aggressors sake
You fucking disgust me. Die in a fire.
I love all my little Tumblr Queens. Sometimes, my little captions and stories be borderline hating. I know I got some little undergrad dudes on here who follow me for the music who probably be like… damn, this dude is fucking up the game spilling the knowledge.
So in the spirit of that, let me snitch on my secret weapon…
Back when I was pursuing ladies just for sport, me and my roomate Tey had this rule. If we brought someone home and she had a wingman who was hating, the other roomate had to come try to get the wingman out of the picture somehow or the other. Usually, the wingman would be busted, so there was no way in hell I was about to entertain her… if she had been tight, she would be on her own afterparty excursion instead of here babysitting her friend. In these instances… I would always create some convo, and then break out the everclear for a shot. Wingman would be either sleep within a half hour or on the phone trying to get some dude to come get her so she could rock his world like She Nay Nay.
Eventually, I learned that I could use it for those dead end situations as well. If I had got myself in trouble with a lie or something stupid, and the panties were not going to come my way that night, I would try to get everclear into the picture. It is like a game changer. You get a shot or two of everclear and the entire complexion of the night is going to change one way or the other. If you are at a standstill and cant get past an issue or whatever, everclear, and 30 mins later, problem was solved. LOL
Lil ladies, if you are giving your dude the cold shoulder for whatever reason, and you are stubborn with it, but you kinda want to get your boots knocked that night… tell him to go get a bottle of everclear. You’ll be looking at him like Idris Alba or Denzel after a shot or two.
I’ll be here all night for tips, tricks and anecdotes. Dont forget to tip your waiters.
(hops off soapbox)
So basically you’re a rapist. I hope someone cuts your cock off.
Just gonna publicize further this horrible person. I hope you find yourself surrounded by broken glass and are barefoot.
I complained about being sexually assaulted because I was a mentally ill black woman.
I complained about white people constantly wanting to invade my mind, my body, and my words
I complained about people who’d rather side with my abusers and the systems that allowed them to abuse me than actually listen to me when I am upset about something
White people, you have once again proven that you care more about the powerful white men in charge than you care about a mentally ill black woman
White people, you keep getting mad at me for generalizing you and being “racist” against you, when you don’t even have the decency to say “Wow I had no idea that a mentally ill black woman goes through this.”
You are more upset by the fact that I said “you white people” than you are by the fact that your fellow white people have abused me.
I NEED ONE WHITE PERSON
TO BRING ME A BOTTLE FULL OF THEIR FUCKING TEARS
EITHER IN THE FORM OF WORDS
OR IN AN ACTUAL BOTTLE IN MY MAIL
AND THEN I WILL FORGIVE WHITE PEOPLE FOR WHAT YOU HAVE PUT ME THROUGH.
I JUST NEED ONE FUCKING APOLOGY
AND I WON’T PUT YOUR ASSES THROUGH HELL
IF I’M NICE
WHITE PEOPLE — LOOK HOW EMBARASSING YOU ARE
SO LOW CLASS
SO CLOSED MINDED
I HOPE YOU FEEL ASHAMED OF YOURSELF FOR LETTING THESE WHITE PEOPLE RUN FREE TO MAKE ALL OF WHITE PEOPLE LOOK BAD.
BECAUSE WHITE PEOPLE,
TUMBLR IS MAKING YOU LOOK REALLY BAD RIGHT NOW
BUT DAVID KARP IS GOING TO DELETE TUMBLR SO THAT YOU CAN’T SEE JUST HOW AWFUL WHITE PEOPLE ARE
BUT THEN I WILL GO TO THE MEDIA TO SAY HOW AWFUL DAVID KARP IS
IT’S A TRAP
IT’S A WRAP
WHITE PEOPLE, TIME
UPDATE: I HAVE LOCATED THIS CRACKER
@DORI_ALEXIS, PROSTITUTAS.TUMBLR.COM, ALEXIS, YOU DISGUSTING FILTHY CRACKER WHO ALSO HAD THE NERVE TO SEND ME THIS TOO
Well, Alexis from Wilmington, Delaware
You had the nerve to make this post just now
Alexis, I wanted to follow you just to see you squirm as your inbox starts getting full.
And since Alexis PRIDES herself on being a cyberbully, making three different people delete their blogs. I’m going to hand it all back to you now. Now you can see how it feels — just a little bit. And if you change your url, I am following you and so are many other people. And if you delete your tumblr, you have a twitter. And if you delete your twitter, you have a facebook. And if you delete your facebook, you have a name and a location and you have a family and you have friends.
Here’s everything you need to know about this KKK Hitler bitch!
SOME OTHER GEMS!!!
Everyone needs to know that Alexis/Prostitutas, and all of her friends and family members are condoners of RAPE, RACISM, VIOLENCE AGAINST BLACK WOMEN, VIOLENCE AGAINST ALL BLACK PEOPLE, THE KKK, HITLER, COLUMBUS, HOMOPHOBIA, CISSEXISM, MISOGYNY, VICTIM BLAMING, ABLEISM, BULLYING, AND THEN SOME.
IF YOU FOLLOW ME AND YOU SEE THIS POST AND YOU DON’T BLOW THIS SHIT WAY THE FUCK UP AND RUIN THIS BITCH’S LIFE AND SHE HAS TRIED TO RUIN MINE, YOU ARE CONSIDERED TO BE DEAD TO ME.
SHOW THIS CRACKER ASS WEAK CHINNED BASIC ROTTEN DAISY DUKE WHITEBREAD BITCH WHO THE FUCK SHE IS DEALING WITH
ALEXIS/PROSTITUTAS THREATENED TO RAPE AND BEAT ME AND TRIGGER ME IN EVERY DIFFERENT WAY
SHE IS ONE FUCKING HEIL HITLER BITCH
IF YOU TRY TO PROTECT HER ASS, IT SHOWS THAT YOU WOULD RATHER PROTECT FUCKING HITLER THAN PROTECT ME
Blow it the fuck up, y’all
Signal boost the fuck out of this ignorant cracker’s misdeeds.
8 ways to spot Emotional Manipulation
1. There is no use in trying to be honest with an emotional manipulator. You make a statement and it will be turned around. Example: I am really angry that you forgot my birthday. Response - “It makes me feel sad that you would think I would forget your birthday, I should have told you of the great personal stress I am facing at the moment - but you see I didn’t want to trouble you. You are right I should have put all this pain (don’t be surprised to see real tears at this point) aside and focused on your birthday. Sorry.” Even as you are hearing the words you get the creeped out sensation that they really do NOT mean they are sorry at all - but since they’ve said the words you’re pretty much left with nothing more to say. Either that or you suddenly find yourself babysitting their angst!! Under all circumstances if you feel this angle is being played - don’t capitulate! Do not care take - do not accept an apology that feels like bullshit. If it feels like bullshit - it probably is. Rule number one - if dealing with an emotional blackmailer TRUST your gut. TRUST your senses. Once an emotional manipulator finds a successful maneuver - it’s added to their hit list and you’ll be fed a steady diet of this shit.
2. An emotional manipulator is the picture of a willing helper. If you ask them to do something they will almost always agree - that is IF they didn’t volunteer to do it first. Then when you say, “ok thanks” - they make a bunch of heavy sighs, or other non verbal signs that let you know they don’t really want to do whatever said thing happens to be. When you tell them it doesn’t seem like they want to do whatever - they will turn it around and try to make it seem like OF COURSE they wanted to and how unreasonable you are. This is a form of crazy making - which is something emotional manipulators are very good at. Rule number two - If an emotional manipulator said YES - make them accountable for it. Do NOT buy into the sighs and subtleties - if they don’t want to do it - make them tell you it up front - or just put on the walk-man headphones and run a bath and leave them to their theater.
3. Crazy making - saying one thing and later assuring you they did not say it.If you find yourself in a relationship where you figure you should start keeping a log of what’s been said because you are beginning to question your own sanity —You are experiencing emotional manipulation. An emotional manipulator is an expert in turning things around, rationalizing, justifying and explaining things away. They can lie so smoothly that you can sit looking at black and they’ll call it white - and argue so persuasively that you begin to doubt your very senses. Over a period of time this is so insidious and eroding it can literally alter your sense of reality. WARNING: Emotional Manipulation is VERY Dangerous! It is very disconcerting for an emotional manipulator if you begin carrying a pad of paper and a pen and making notations during conversations. Feel free to let them know you just are feeling so “forgetful” these days that you want to record their words for posterity’s sake. The damndest thing about this is that having to do such a thing is a clear example for why you should be seriously thinking about removing yourself from range in the first place. If you’re toting a notebook to safeguard yourself - that ol’ bullshit meter should be flashing steady by now!
4. Guilt. Emotional manipulators are excellent guilt mongers. They can make you feel guilty for speaking up or not speaking up, for being emotional or not being emotional enough, for giving and caring, or for not giving and caring enough. Any thing is fair game and open to guilt with an emotional manipulator. Emotional manipulators seldom express their needs or desires openly - they get what they want through emotional manipulation. Guilt is not the only form of this but it is a potent one. Most of us are pretty conditioned to do whatever is necessary to reduce our feelings of guilt. Another powerful emotion that is used is sympathy. An emotional manipulator is a great victim. They inspire a profound sense of needing to support, care for and nurture. Emotional Manipulators seldom fight their own fights or do their own dirty work. The crazy thing is that when you do it for them (which they will never ask directly for), they may just turn around and say they certainly didn’t want or expect you to do anything! Try to make a point of not fighting other people’s battles, or doing their dirty work for them. A great line is “I have every confidence in your ability to work this out on your own” - check out the response and note the bullshit meter once again.
5. Emotional manipulators fight dirty. They don’t deal with things directly. They will talk around behind your back and eventually put others in the position of telling you what they would not say themselves. They are passive aggressive, meaning they find subtle ways of letting you know they are not happy little campers. They’ll tell you what they think you want to hear and then do a bunch of jerk off shit to undermine it. Example: “Of course I want you to go back to school honey and you know I’ll support you.” Then exam night you are sitting at the table and poker buddies show up, the kids are crying the t.v. blasting and the dog needs walking - all the while “Sweetie” is sitting on their ass looking at you blankly. Dare you call them on such behavior you are likely to hear, “well you can’t expect life to just stop because you have an exam can you honey?” Cry, scream or choke ‘em - only the last will have any long-term benefits and it’ll probably wind your butt in jail.
6. If you have a headache an emotional manipulator will have a brain tumor! No matter what your situation is the emotional manipulator has probably been there or is there now - but only ten times worse. It’s hard after a period of time to feel emotionally connected to an emotional manipulator because they have a way of de-railing conversations and putting the spotlight back on themselves. If you call them on this behavior they will likely become deeply wounded or very petulant and call you selfish - or claim that it is you who are always in the spotlight. The thing is that even tho you know this is not the case you are left with the impossible task of proving it. Don’t bother - TRUST your gut and walk away!
7. Emotional manipulators somehow have the ability to impact the emotional climate of those around them. When an emotional manipulator is sad or angry the very room thrums with it - it brings a deep instinctual response to find someway to equalize the emotional climate and the quickest route is by making the emotional manipulator feel better - fixing whatever is broken for them. Stick with this type of loser for too long and you will be so enmeshed and co-dependent you will forget you even have needs - let alone that you have just as much right to have your needs met.
8. Emotional manipulators have no sense of accountability. They take no responsibility for themselves or their behavior - it is always about what everyone else has “done to them”. One of the easiest ways to spot an emotional manipulator is that they often attempt to establish intimacy through the early sharing of deeply personal information that is generally of the “hook-you-in-and-make-you-sorry-for-me” variety. Initially you may perceive this type of person as very sensitive, emotionally open and maybe a little vulnerable. Believe me when I say that an emotional manipulator is about as vulnerable as a rabid pit bull, and there will always be a problem or a crisis to overcome.
- Fiona McColl, “Eight Easy Ways to Spot an Emotional Manipulator”
I think emotional manipulation is relatively common in the states, and it’s particularly damaging when a parent is interacting with their kids in those ways. Understanding emotional manipulation can provide some measure of protection from it (and it can help one to avoid inadvertently crossing that line oneself).
Bolding by OP. I edited it slightly to add the author’s name and a link to heartless-bitches.
—-Chapter 3: Groundings With My Sisters : Patriarchy and the Exploitation of Black Women.
From How Capitalism Undeveloped Black America by Manning Marable p. 73
Why white people will be never be fully right to me. They passed that shit on (not the syphillis but the curiosity, attitude and sick desire to do these things).
I have honestly thought that was the reason why white men are all fucked up in the head. They create tortures to inflict on themselves and others.(via fivelettered)
No one likes to talk about trafficking… especially it seems the trafficking of Roma women and girls.
I am currently a board member for Heart.Beats.Slavery - a documentary about how ordinary people can help end human trafficking. There are hundreds of ways to make a difference and the film will encourage the audience to act on the hope available through their own life. However, it got me thinking about the situation of trafficked Romani women and children and the awful black-hole in which they find themselves. Countries such as Canada, Italy, France and Finland claim that trafficking is the leading explanation for the migration of Roma across their borders.
I MAKE A HUGE FUCKING STINK ABOUT THIS ALL THE TIME AND NOBODY SEEMS TO CARE.
This is crazy and even popped up in a recent movie about Rromani life in Slovakia, which is called Cigane. The movie is based off of Hamlet but it is remarkably well done. EVERYONE SHOULD WATCH IT.